Saturday, January 23, 2010

Please help: How do I convince my parents to let me have a kitten?

Hi,


we already have a dog but my friend in selling ragdoll kittens (her cat gave birth) for free! They are oh, so adorable and fluffy and cute and small. AND it's my birth day soon. How do I convince my mother and father to get one?Please help: How do I convince my parents to let me have a kitten?
I suggest that you tell what you want to your parents when they are in a light mood. Also show them that you can take good care of a cat and you can start it by taking care of your dog that way your parents wont have any hesitation on giving you a cat as a birthday giftPlease help: How do I convince my parents to let me have a kitten?
Buy some mice from the pet store and let them loose in the house.
Try using the old Navaho Indian trick- of getting on your knees, clenching your hands, %26amp; screaming and begging them to let you have a kitten for your Birthday. At the very LEAST- they'll think about it- after they get done laughing! :)
just remind them of how well you take car of the dog and let them know you are ready for the additional responsibilty of taking care of a cat...





if you say it like that, they'll know you are serious.





good luck.
Whether you get a kitten or not might depend on your dog. Some dogs think small kittens are lunch. I have a Miniature Australian Shepherd and she would scoop up a kitten if we let her in the room. Since she's high energy we have to keep her outside most of the time anyway. We never let her hurt a kitten (the one she scooped up was all slobbery and mad but that's all). However, if we hadn't stopped her I know she would have killed the kitten without realizing she shouldn't. This is what you should talk to your parents about first. They might suggest an older cat. It might help if you had a book about how to take care of kittens before you decided for sure that's what you wanted. You'll need to promise to do all the chores connected with the kitten and extra chores in the house as well (most parents will go for that). Just set our your reasons in a calm manner and discuss the pros and cons with your parents. You could also mention this as the most perfect birthday present ever. However, never, never, never whine.
lol my sister wrote a page and a half ';persuasive essay'; when she was 12 to convince my dad that she would be responsible enough to take care if it! .....ironically it worked :)
My mom's an animal lover so I always worked on here until I got an I don't care or as long as it's cute ;)
How old are you? Kittens are care free....LOL....o.k., there is some care, but at least you don't have to potty train them. The worst thing you have to do before and after you get your kitten, if allowed, is get him/her/them, to not sharpen their claws on the furniture....this is instinct so you will not train them not to do it. Even my adopted cat still does it and she is declawed (not by me). Get them a scratching post before you get them anything else! Teach them that it's o.k. to scratch on that, but not anything else. I had two kittens just a couple of years ago, so I know. Other then that they really are care free!
Well ask them politely how you feel and mention to them you got a b'day coming up and that's all you want!!


I hope you are responsible enough to take care of kitty since she needs full time care. They cry and cry till they get fed and tend to leave little messes everywhere. Just do more research on taking care of kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment