Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can i convince my parents to let me quit the IB Programme?

I am in my junior year in the IB programme and I've decided that I don't want to do it anymore because it is to stressful. I've tried telling my dad but I don't know how to phrase it without saying ';it's too hard';.How can i convince my parents to let me quit the IB Programme?
Well, there's always the teachers. If you talk to them, they'll talk to your parents and I think that would yield better results than if you asked your parents right out (depending how stubborn they are).





Note: My sister's in the IB program and she says that they try to 'break' you in your first year, so it'll be VERY hard.How can i convince my parents to let me quit the IB Programme?
I'm an IB student in my junior year too, and yes I agree with you. IB it's hard, and it's stressful. You hardly get any sleep and it feels as if the harder you work the deeper you fall. Despite all of this, I choose to stick with the IB programme because essentially I feel it will prepare me for the real world and it also provides you with a lot of insight. I don't think you should quit it personally. But if you do want to quit, your parents have to realize that it is your happiness that is at stake here. They aren't the ones dealing with the program. Do whats best for yourselves. Tell your parents that it is your life, and you are going to do what essentially feels right for you. They have to understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment