Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I convince my parents to get me a dog?

My parents say I can't get a dog because I already have one, but I want my own dog. I know how to take care of them, and they know that, but she always gets really mad whenever I ask. I want a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Help!How can I convince my parents to get me a dog?
convince then by being very resonsible. you have to let them know that you can take care of yourself. because if you dont know how to take care of yourself...how do you know how to take care of a dog?How can I convince my parents to get me a dog?
yay!

Report Abuse



There is a reason why they are saying ';no';. Maybe it is the time involved in training, the costs, the Vet costs, etc. Enjoy the one you have and make his/her life the best quality of life you can. Play, feed, walk, love. If your parents feel that is too much to take on due to all of your lifestyle needs, etc., then it's best you just love what you have than to get one and find out later that it's not working. Then the puppy/dog is sadly returned.
oyu should show them a good points in the dog that you want to choose and that you will really take good care of him/her and that you will treat them well and also say that you will do anything to get the dog because you love dogs so much also say that you will do a few things around the house to earn their trust to get the dog
I must answer this same question a hundred times a day. stop bugging them. no means no. they get really mad because you are nagging them. stop. as a parent, i can tell you that is the most annoying thing when i say no, and they keep asking. just enjoy the dog you have and stop for heavens sake.
Have you suggested that you want a dog of just your own? Maybe bring into it how you think you're ready for more responsibilty. Make a presentation on why you want a dog of your own. Good luck hope you get that puppy! (although I'd suggest saving one from a shelter instead of goin purebred)
why dont you just enjoy the one you have now and wait till you move out to get your own if they say no then its best to wait...im sure they will be the ones paying for everything maybe they cant afford it right now.
Be responsible for what you do and take care of it. Earn the right to have a dog, by proving you are responsible.
you are pretty lucky u have one right now... i also wanted a dog but couldn't get one u should be happy with one when u move out u can get another one urself
don't spend so much time on the computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment