Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I convince my parents to let me have a dog?

I figure this question is asked alot here but oh well. Here's the story. I'm 14 years old and I want a dog badly. We live in an average sized 2-story house and have a large backyard. I can't seem to convince my parents (mainly my dad) to let me have a dog. I'm not the most responsible person in the world and I haven't had much luck with pets but I feel that I could take care of a dog on my own. We already have one dog but it just lazes around the house and is really lazy. I'm wanting a dog that I can do things with and will enjoy going out side and such with me. I need all the help I can get convincing them to let me have one. I haven't asked them yet though and that's why I came here to get help doing so.





I appreciate any help.How can I convince my parents to let me have a dog?
Well, you answered the question of why your folks aren't excited about getting you a dog. You have to prove you're going to act responsibly BEFORE you get a dog. Acting responsible will not miraculously occur just because you get a playful dog.





To learn how to be responsible and prove you are ready to be given a dog, I recommend you either do volunteer work, or get a job at a rescue center where they deal with rescued animals and save them from the mistreatment they suffer from living with families who don't act responsibly and treat the dogs and cats and other animals properly. You will learn why it's so important to act with responsibility when you have animals. It's the same responsibility your parents had to develop to raise you as their child. You will learn how bad life is for dogs and cats whose owners are not responsible.





As you learn, your parents will learn when you are ready to have the dog you want, and you will probably find just the right dog as there are wonderful dogs who need a good loving playmate after they are healed from injuries of being mistreated. The rescue group is a great place to find the dog you want. You'll get a dog who will really appreciate your love and attention, and you'll get a chance to learn which dog in rescue has the personality you are looking for. There was a dog in TN just recently who was shot with multiple arrows by his irresponsible owner, and the new owner is a lady who worked at the rescue group.How can I convince my parents to let me have a dog?
You don't.





Personally, if I was your parents, I wouldn't let you have a dog, either. In your question, you admitted you're not responsible, and I don't even WANT to wonder what ';not having much luck with pets'; means.





Try taking care of the dog you have now. You know, take it out for walks, play with it. Seriously, no dog in its right mind would turn down a walk or playtime unless its really old and in pain, or there's something wrong with it.
Showing that your responsible, like doing things that you have never done before that is useful. Get up more and clean. Cleaning is the biggest thing you can do to show you're responsible. It worked for me.
Prove Yourself! Only you can show the responsibility of owning a dog. I was the same way... always wanting a puppy because we already had 2 lazy dogs. After showing my parents that I had everything needed to be a responsible owner, I got my pup!
tell your parents that it will teach you more responsibility and get you prepared if you ever have twins . try thinking how it will benifit your parents
You said yourself that you aren't very responsible and have had bad luck with pets in the past; I think that's a pretty good reason not to get a dog.





Perhaps trying to be more involved with your current dog (i.e., feeding, watering, walking, playing ball, etc) for a while will show your dad that you are serious about the responsibility.
Work for it.Make your dad (or parents) notice that your hard working and are willing to sacrfice alot if things for an energetic pup that can keep up with you.Have a serious chat with them about how you really want this dog and will be responsible when it comes to its well being.One thing why parents don't want dogs are the vet bills.You are old enough to get a neighborhood or babysitting job and pay for half of the vet bill and let them know that in advance.Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment