Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do you convince your parents to let you buy a moped in Beijing?

I want a moped really badly. But my parents will probably not let me buy one because of the price and danger of living in China. How can I convince or at least let them consider me having a moped? Suggestions?How do you convince your parents to let you buy a moped in Beijing?
I confess I am a parent, so perhaps you will not want my answer. But I will not allow even my husband to drive or ride on a moped in China. (ShangHai) Beyond the obvious dangers, as I am sure you have witnessed in Beijing, the price and hassle of insurance in China makes this a no-brainer.


I did however agree to a bicycle. Perhaps, if I grow comfortable with my husband riding his bike safely in ShangHai, I might be o.k. with en electric bicycle.. and maybe, someday, with a moped.


Get what I am saying?


Parents need baby steps. No matter how old their baby is.How do you convince your parents to let you buy a moped in Beijing?
I assume you're living in China...? How old are you? If they are buying it for you and paying for upkeep then they have a huge say otherwise it's your choice. I haven't been to China yet (going for 5 weeks in July) so I'm not sure, but do they have car insurance like we do? Have you seen them being used responsibly on the streets? Any accidents? You need to weigh up the pros and cons of a c country that has some cities with roads so busy that people can't actually cross them.
don't whine, don't pester them, don't act like a baby and pout, as stated above, step by step, show them you are responsible, mature and won't race around like the other spoiled expat kids, take a course on operating one if you can, learn as much as you can about operating them, they are only wanting to protect you and have the best in mind for you, it is dangerous riding a moped and a bike on the streets of China, people don't have the same ideas about pedestrians and smaller vehicles as they do in other countries

No comments:

Post a Comment