Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I tell my parents I want to stop taking piano and start taking guitar?

My mom and dad love that I take piano and think I will be such a star at it and that I am lucky the are forcing me to play. I don't actually enjoy playing the piano that much and would much rather play the guitar. I just don't know how to tell this to them to make them not get upset with me. Please help. Thanks a bunch.How do I tell my parents I want to stop taking piano and start taking guitar?
Ease them into it. First say you want to try the guitar. Once you have some lessons lined up, or you start learning yourself, they will see your interest and realize its not just a faze from watching to much Hendrix videos or something.





But if you can just come right out and say it: ';I'd like to start playing guitar, and lay off on the piano for a while';





Let them know your not completely giving up on the piano; once you start getting frustrated with guitar you'll want to play a different instrument for a bit anyways. It just helps with not getting to mad when you can learn a song.





But remember you have to commit to the guitar if you really want to learn it. It's not very easy; your fingers are going to hurt and you'll get mad when the string make a ticking sound(muted note) instead of a note.





Hope it all turns out okay!! =]How do I tell my parents I want to stop taking piano and start taking guitar?
Apart from just being up front and honest you could suggest that you would like to try guitar lessons as well. If they want you to progess with a musical career I don't think they would object too much as the more instruments you learn the better you would be for it. If you excel in your guitar playing more than, say the piano, they may be quite happy for you to drop the piano in favour of just guitar lessons. It would be up to you to prove to them how devoted to guitar playing you really are. Good luck - I think being honest with your parents the best way to go.
lol.... don't worry what they think, they will respect your decision.





tell them that is your decision and you are sticking with it and going to learn play the guitar.





if they still don't get it, tell them guitar is way cooler and piano is for sissy's - just kidding... but tell them guitar is just cooler and more portable, and you think it will be more enjoyable and in the long run a better skill to have.
I came up with a really good aproach %26amp;nd also a possible outcome. Hope this helps.





You: Mom, Dad ---


Them: Yes my dear child


You: I wanna try something new, I don't want piano


Them: Eff you son, why do you have to be a B!t(H about it!


You: But mom!


Them: Come here son, it just can't be


You: Oh, don't effin touch me mom


Them: Son you are out of line


You: So is your hairline dad, go bald!


Dad: Don't make me come over there


You: Don't get rowdy with me dad, I'll knock your eye crooked


Them: Okay, you can play guitar.
well, first you have to be comited, the guitar is extreamly hard to learn and takes years of practice to be at any level of good, i have been playing for ten years and just the other day i learned pinch harmonics, but if your comited then just tell them, if they understand then thats great, if they dont, bargain with them try to make a deal like if you do good in lessons the first few weeks then theyl let you play, just remember tho, you wont be a rock star the second you touch the neck
Say ; I've complied with your dream for me, Mom and Dad, I have mastered the piano May I try for my own dream now? How could they say no? If they DO say no, tell them to eat **** and die. They're upset cannot be more painful than failing to follow your bliss.
Say ';mom'; ';dad';, i would like to stop playing piano, and start playing guitar. What do u think?
Just be honest


But Piano will help you with the guitar trust me
i want to stop taking piano and start taking guitar
Play both. Any guitar player worth their salt can play at least some piano.
Say, ';I don't want to play piano any more.';
You need to be honest with your parents tell them where your heart is
Just tell them. I did the exact same thing and they were cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment