Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lgbt-How do I get my parents to understand that I need to see a gender therapist?

I have been suffering for three monthes becuse I didn't know where I fall and is really becoming suicdal over this I keep telling them I need help but they say figure it out. I don't know what to do?!? To much confusion. I want it all to stop.Lgbt-How do I get my parents to understand that I need to see a gender therapist?
See if your school has a counselor on duty who can tell you how to seek out the help you need.





Also check out these sites - they seem to hae lots of links that are all about supporting LGBT youth:





http://www.outproud.org/


http://www.youthresource.com/





Good luck - no matter how bad it is right now, I can tell you that it gets better as you grow older. Don't give up. There are lots of us out here who felt like you when we were younger. Stay strong. :)Lgbt-How do I get my parents to understand that I need to see a gender therapist?
Speak to them. Please. They are most likely to be worrying about you and unsure what is wrong.





There are many good groups for young people and their families. Please make contact with one that is for your part of the world.





You are not alone.





Also please remember a couple of things:





No one is telling you that you must change your outward appearance to be one gender or the other





Stay in control of any transition where this is possible. By this I mean that should you decide to change your gender, do it at a pace that you are comfortable with and not when others tell you. Sometimes this might be slower than they want, other times it will be a little to quickly for most people. But this does not mean that you must ignore everyone else, working with people will earn you a lot of respect. Your parents will hold the purse-strings, so please work with them and they are very likely to work with you.





Only change what YOU want to change.
They want you to be sure about it? If thats the case than just tell them what they want to hear. It dosnt sound good but it might help you get into the care you need.
  • body cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment