Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I convince my parents to let me get a kitten?

I really want a kitten the only problem is my dog is a little overprotective. He is super friendly with all of my neighbors dogs, but when we try to take his bone away or we annoy him he growls. My mom said she would love to have a kitten and my dad is unsure. Me being able to care for it isn't really a concern of them because it would be a family cat, not just mine.How do I convince my parents to let me get a kitten?
so then the dog is the real problem... part of it depends on what breed the dog is i guess. if its fairly small the cat could probaly defend itself and even if its big,cats are very agile and fast. It will probaly be afraid of the dog and hide from it anyway. If your worried about your dog getting jealous then make sure you still give him attention and maybe buy him a bone or treats when you get a kitten. good luck, kittens are so fun and cuteHow do I convince my parents to let me get a kitten?
Concerning possible problems with your dog; you could try keeping the kitten in a separate room isolated from the dog and gradually introduce items with the kitten's smell to the dog. Try giving your dog some treats every time it gets curious about the new smell. That should get you started with creating a relationship between the two animals. Remember to provide both the kitten and the dog their own private spaces, otherwise I guarantee you you'll have problems, especially if the dog starts thinking of the kitten as an intruder it its own space. The key is patience, take your time in introducing the two to each other, and only for a few minutes every day, until they get used to each other's presence.





Concerning your parents, just show them you're responsible with actions. If that doesn't work, you can always argue that cats are low(er) maintenance animals and that they have been shown to psycologically benefit people.





Hope this helps.
before you get a kitten you should see how your dog would like it to he might hurt thee kitty to. you should take your dog over to a friends house that got a kitty. and see how it gos from there. we dont want want the kitty to be come lunchtime for the cat. my sister dog is like that to dont like his bone touched so she dont.
show them that you are responsible
fart in their faces

No comments:

Post a Comment