Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I convince my parents that a tattoo would be okay?

I'm 18 but they aren't exactly cool with tattoos since they didn't like my brothers. Should I just tell them or do it secretly?How do I convince my parents that a tattoo would be okay?
You're 18 and there's nothing your parents can do about you getting a tattoo. If they're reasonable people, and it sounds like they are-since you didn't say that they flipped out about your brother getting a tattoo-they won't treat you any differently. But don't go beind their backs and do it, tell them ahead of time what you plan on doing. If you don't they may think you were deceiving them and loathe your tattoo even more.How do I convince my parents that a tattoo would be okay?
u don't have to do it secretly.u r 18.ur allowed to do what u want


but if i were u i would wait until you know for sure that u do want one and positive of where u want it at.many professions will not hire you for a badly misplaced tattoo.
Do it secretly and when there around, if u can hide it with a sweatshirt or something , once you get it , they can't do anything about it , soon they'll get over it , don't worry!!!
To put it simply...if the choice is between telling them and basically lying to them...you gotta tell 'em. Why lie to the people who are closest to you? In the end, no matter what happens to you throughout your life, your parents will always be there for you. Why decieve them...one little lie leads to bigger ones down the road.





Okay, maybe I didn't put it simply...but you get the point. ;)
if your convinced youll like it for life go for it. my parents hate mine but its probably not the biggest problem they have with me so meh
You know my mom wasn't too thrilled with my idea of getting a tattoo but since I was old enough I told her I would get it anyway. I showed her the design but she was still iffy about it being permanent and all. But once I got it she loved it. It came out really good so she was cool with it. So I think if it's not too big and it works well for you on your body your parents will come around.
Listen to your parents. I have three tattoos myself, and I got one of them on a dare from my Friends, never realizing that they would be with me for life. Well, at the time, not CONSCIOUSLY realizing that they would be for life. I have one on my lower back, one on my neck, and one on my ankle. The one on my neck almost got infected by a dirty needle, and I had to go to the hospital where they cleared it with some antibiotics. Trust me, it was NOT a pleasant experience. So listen to your parents because if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have got a SINGLE one. For some reason, parents are more accepting of their sons decisions than they are of their daughters. Your parents may feel like since you are a girl, that your skin should stay unmarked. While I don't agree whole-heartily with those views, I can say that getting a tattoo is not the best thing in the world. So if I were you, I would wait a little longer to see if that is what you really want. And many people say that you can get them lasered off, but laser removal is VERY expensive, and the tattoo doesn't come off completely. Trust me, I inquired around to see if I could! There will still be some residue of it left. So, think long and hard about getting one, because once you get it, it's there for life.
Listen to your parents and don't get the tattoo.
Remember a tattoo is basically forever and what seems really fun right now might not seem so hot 30 years from now. Think real carefully about this.
maybe you should get a small one, and it should be in a not so regrettable part of your body. Tell your parents anyway. Get a cool one though, don't get the same crap everybody has.
No don't do that. listen what they say.
well, ur parents proburly dont want a needle shoved in you just to get ink on you. remember it PERMANENT.(and painful)


theres no real way to convince them.
Mine wasn't either, you just do it, I have five now, if you are waiting for them to OK it, you probably got a very long wait..
First ask yourself why you want a tattoo in the 1st place. If it is really reasonable, then tell your parents about it. I'm sure they will be more than happy to know your reasons to tattoo and give a go about it rather than finding it out later. Communicate with them.
just do it...
Honestly i dont think u should get a tatoo, there really is no point.... there r no tatoos u can look at 40 years from know and think that it was a good choice to get it

No comments:

Post a Comment