Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I convince my parents to get me a dog for christmas?

Since I've seen a yorkie I have fallen in love with dogs. I have done everything in my power to convince my parents, I am getting straight A's, I have made a powerpoint on the pros of getting a dog, and right now to prove that I'm responsible enough, I'm walking a toy dog 2 times a day for the next month... Also, money is not an issue...How do I convince my parents to get me a dog for christmas?
I have a question...what are your parents reasons for not wanting you to have a dog?





Also who knows your parents may be planning on getting you one. B/C what's the use of the surprise at Christmas if you know you are getting one?





Good job on showing your parents you are responsible!





:-)How do I convince my parents to get me a dog for christmas?
I admire you with that( I love Dog too, but don;t have that much time to take care of one).....well I believe you already are responsible enough to own one.





I think, you can write them a letter, a Christmas Wish Letter will do, something very touching would make them fall into helplessness of buying a god for you.


And with a letter is drawing or sketch of a dog you really want, If I an a parent, I would be very touched and please to receive a letter from my son or daughter, and also don't forget to thnaks thme for they had been a nice and responsible parents, if they are not, you woulnd be having a straight A's in school, I mean you wouldn't become what you are now,





Good Luck...I know your Christmas will be very very wonderful because of that doggie...stay happy!
well, it sounds like you have the potential to be responsible. the thing with my kids is that i have gotten them animals before and the newness wares off after a while and i ended up taking care of their animals. i didn't mind because i love animals, but they weren't my responsibility. we are down to one dog, who is mine, i do everything for the dog: feed, take to vet, take to groomer, clean up dog poop, keep crate clean, walk twice a day, weather permitting. having a dog is a big responsibility. it becomes like a child to you. my dog goes everywhere with me and i am home with her all day. i spend a lot of time with her. we just got back from a 1/2 hour walk, and it's darn cold outside!! having a dog is a 10-15 plus years of commitment. are you prepared to devote that many years to your dog? and one answerer is correct in saying that christmas time is the worst time to get a dog. these ';christmas puppies'; usually end up at the spca or tied up out in the yard because everyones tired of it peeing in the house. why don't you consider fostering a dog from a local rescue? this way, the dog would be with you for a couple of weeks or so, you could show your parents how responsible that you are being. do this a few times and if you still are really wanting a dog of your own, then adopt one from the rescue that you are going to volunteer from. if you show your parents your maturity...and walking someones dog for a month would mean nothing to me. good luck.
You're on the right track, but you really shouldn't get a dog for Christmas, unless it's a late Christmas gift. The holidays are such a stressful time as it is, and to bring a new dog in the home makes it even more stressful, especially for the dog. Just keep proving that you're responsible, and ask your parents if they'll take you to look at dogs (preferably at a shelter...see my next point).


Also, even though money is not an option, please consider adopting if you haven't already. There are so many wonderful dogs in shelters that need a loving home. Good luck, you sound like you'll make a great dog owner.
You can't. They are unreasonable people.
I am in the same boat as you. I get straight A's , I have made several powerpoints and they still wont budge. I don't know what else to do . my mom thinks that she will end up taking care of it even though she won't. You should sit them down and ask them specifically why they won't let you get one and then explain to them how you are going to fix them.I have a few questions on my propblem to. please see them and feel free to leave me a message. I hope my advice helps.. good luck!!
You seem like you're on the right track. Tell them that owning dogs improves the quality of life in the owners!
Firstly - Don't! Christmas is the single worst time of year to get any pet, especially a dog. It is too busy, noisy and chaotic, not to mention all the hazards like trees, presents and decorations. It would be much better to wait until the new year when things have settled down again before bringing home a new pet.





Doing a presentation sounds like a good idea, but if you really want to prove you are responsible you have to consider the cons as well as the pros.





For example, are you prepared to walk the dog in all weathers, even if it is freezing cold and pouring with rain?


Will there be someone at home with the dog during the day? Dogs are social, acitive, intelligent animals and it is unfair to expect them to lie around alone all day.


Can you (as a family) really afford a dog? They are really expensive to keep - needing bowls, leash and collar, toys, good food, plus veterinary care and maybe a training course. If you want to be responsible you also need to get your dog neutered, microchipped and insured.





Maybe the most important thing to consider is time. If you are studying now you will probably move out in only a few years for college or work. What will happen to the dog then? It isn't fair to get a dog now if you are going to have to get rid of it in a few years.





Your best bet is to do lots of research - on dog care, training, etc and make sure you really know what you are getting into. Only if you are 100% sure that you have the time, money and commitment to keep a dog for maybe 15 years should you consider getting one.
Christmas is the WORST time to get a dog. If you really think about it, there is so much excitement going on that the dog will be overwhelmed by its first couple weeks with you. Then, there is the time needed to train them.





Seriously, if you truly want a dog, be prepared to wait for the right time. Why not volunteer to walk dogs for your local animal shelter in the meantime? That would be a good way of proving your commitment to your parents and helping out a good cause
Good for you.


And tell them youre doing good, the least you deserve is a dog.Tell them bathing them, nd cleaning up their **** is a responsibilty and help you become more responsible.=)
  • makeup brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment