Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can I politely convince my parents to let me have a horse?

We can afford the horse, we can afford to take care of it, we have a place to keep it, and I am responsible.How can I politely convince my parents to let me have a horse?
If it is YOU that wants a horse why is WE even in the question.





If you want a horse then it needs to be YOUR responsiblity, not theres.





Do you have a job? Do you have a car? Do you pay your own insurance? Pay for your own gas? Do you have money to build a shelter if you dont have one. Do you have money to put up fence if you dont have any? Do you have money to buy all the hay and feed? Do you have the money to buy all the buckets, water troughs, get the horse its needed shots, for regular farrier care, for emergency vet care?





A horse is a great great expense that doesnt go away when you get tired of it.





If your parents are saying No or you fear they will re-read the questions above and you will know why.How can I politely convince my parents to let me have a horse?
hmmm unless your family is filthy rich, i really doubt theres a way your parents will agree. Just because they can afford it, it doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer to spend that money on other stuff
well a way I convinced my parents to let me get a pony was: I started leasing him. I rode him for a year, and fell in love with him! He bucked, ran out of the arena, and was western and i rode english and had to train him to be english! i was only nine... haha for my 10th birthday I was at camp, and my parents sent me a bracelet with the pony's name on it, and a picture of him with a BIG red bow around his neck!





another way:


Im actually working on this right now... theres this pony im in love with! I ride her all the time, and shes the trainers pony! tell your parents all the plans you've made, like who you'd lease it to, make a riding schedule, make a deal with them, like: I wont go to the barn until i finish my homework, and if i have a lot of homework ill have another person ride my horse. I also tell my parents compliments! haha! like you look really handsome in that shirt! have you been working out?!?! haha it works! now i might be getting that pony for christmas! :D





Good Luck!





hope i helped!
Write a really nice letter. Well thought out, correct spelling. State what it is that you want and what you will do. Explain why you want a horse. State your goals. Give examples of how you will work your hardest and help around the house. Bring up the fact that owning a horse is a huge responsiblity and you are ready to take it on (if you are really ready!!!)





I would really recommend riding and training first before owning. Make sure you really want to own a horse.





Horses keep kids busy and away from the computer. They are a great outlet. And they keep kids out of trouble. There is nothing like the bonding between a horse and it's owner.





I wish you luck-- I am sure your dream will come true :) Don't give up!!!!
That's a tough question. You said you can afford a horse, but are you parents willing to pay for one?? You said you are responsible, have you proved that to your parents??





Owning a horse is a BIG responsibilty. But yes there are good things that come out of it. But are you willing to get up every morning and night to feed it? ride it reguarly? get the farrier out often? groom it often? know when there's a problem? muck out? poo-pick?





You first need to prove you are responsible. Ask them why they won't get you a horse. Don't beg. Be polite. Be patient. And remember that there are MANY people out in this world that would love to own a horse, but can't.





The only reason I got a horse was because my mum wanted one as well as me. She didn't believe that I was responsible enough, but because it's been her dream, she got one, and realised I am responsible enough. It's always me out there doing the horsy jobs.





Even if they say no, help out at your local riding stables or something. It'll also show your parents that you are responsible.





Good luck!
You could tell them that you will help pay for the expense. That sometimes works
Tell them that it will keep you busy and away from boys, drugs, and problems. Also, tell them you will get a job to cover the feed and veterinary and shoeing costs.
my friend went through this same thing. the way she got a horse was.....


K well my friend and i were working really hard to get her a horse. My friend wanted to show her parents how much she wanted a horse so she call many trainers to see if she could take any lessons from them. So she earned up money for lessons and stuck to this one trainer for about 6 months. Then her mom eventually told her she could talk to the trainer about it. Now she has a wonderful araibian gelding that she loves.





hope i helped=)
You can find out what it's going to cost you and start putting the money away just like you own a horse now.this will give a chance to see if you can afford one Remember bored,vet,shoes,tack,emergency kit if your going to horse shows trailering show fees so on and so on If it dose not work you have money for something else good luck
How old are you? Taking care of a horse is a BIG responsibility. If you have never owned one you might be in for a big shock. Are you planning to keep the horse at a barn or stable? Perhaps you can ask to lease (rent) a horse first before buying one. That way you can prove to your parents you can take care of a horse and are responsible. Or, you may just learn that you don't want to give up so much free time to taking care of and riding a horse after all. Have you done your research about horse ownership? Buying a horse is the least expensive part usually. It's all the upkeep (vet/farrier/tack/board/etc) that is really expensive. Your parents may be concerned that this is just a phase you are going through, and they are reluctant to take on such a big endeavor until they truly believe you are sincere. With leasing, when you're done with the horse you just give it back to its' owner if things don't work out. If you take good care of the horse, you ride regularly and prove your responsible, they may consider buying you one. But remember, just because you think they have the money to do it, doesn't mean that they think it's a good idea. Telling them won't be enough, you'll have to PROVE you are serious about it.
This worked for my friend: it may sound silly but everytime you have a wish, wish for a horse birthdays, 11:11 12:12 3:33 ect.
Well, if you live with your parents, you are probably of school age. If you go to school every day (not home schooled), you may not have the time to devote to a horse. Perhaps, even though they can afford it, they may not want to spend that kind of money on a horse and vet bills. Will you contribute to the costs of this? You may be the most responsible kid on the planet, but are you truly thinking of what the horse needs? You will have to get up super early before school to clean up the horses stall, feed and water it, give meds if it gets sick, not to mention give it some attention. Then after school, depending on your homework load, will you find time to ride it every day to keep it tame/gentle. Are you away from home with your friends a lot?This may be more than you can take on at your age. But if you can honestly say you'll do these things and mean it/ stick with it, you may be a great horse owner. Show your parents this Q%26amp;A to show them how serious you are and that you know it will be time consuming and a chore to care for a horse, but that you are ready for the responsibility.
Your parents will become convinced if you are showing them that you are really responsible, you do your chores without prodding, you take on extra work at home without asking and you consistently take on the care of any other animals you may have.





If you are working your tail off your parents will see it. Also, sit down with your parents and listen to what they have to say. If they have concerns about something, write those down and negotiate with them. Say, OK, I understand you are concerned about point A, so what can I do to show you that I can calm your concerns?





A heart to heart talk where you and your parents can outline a strategy is the best thing. Your parents may be able to afford a horse, but, perhaps you need to work around the neighborhood or part time somewhere to show them you will be financially responsible as well.
Im still working on that... lemme know the secret when you find out! ;)





MBG Holly
Say pretty please and give them the puppy eyes,

















tell them you will get a job and contribute to the cost of your horse, and::: actually do it. It doesnt anyone to work a little to help out the people that are the reason you are even living.... If your parents say no, respect their answer, so you even have any horse experience at all? Just because you day you are responsible doesn't mean a horse still couldnt kill you if you dont have expereince.





BYE
I have been in this boat as well. Thankfully, my parents finally gave in and I am getting a foal. I have been working hard for this moment forever. I started doing extra chores and once I had the money, I started leasing a horse. It helped me alot. I learned about how to take care of a horse better, became a better rider, and so forth. Personally, I would lease a horse first. Show your parents you are responsible. If you have pets already, take care of them and show them that you didn't just want them because they were cute. You wanted them because of the responsibility. You have to convince your parents with your maturity. If you don't do you homework, there is no way you can get a horse. I sat down with my dad and had a nice chat about how i would benefit from it. The cons over did the pros, but I still convinced him. If you can pay for board and vet and farrier, they may consider buying the horse. Or the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment