Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I convince my parents to let me get a tattoo?

I know everyone says your too young at 16 years old to get a tattoo but this is something that ive been thinking about for years. My parents are disgusted at the idea. Any ideas on what i can say to convince them? (please no answers telling me im too young and i should wait, i know thats what a lot of people think) Thanks for the help!How do I convince my parents to let me get a tattoo?
We allowed both of our sons to get tattoos young. However, they had to be tasteful and we had to approve them (i.e. no cursing or anything we felt they would regret later).





My suggestion - sit your parents down, ask them, in a calm honest tone, to allow you to get the tat. Then allow them to have the final say in WHAT you get and WHERE you get it. I'm not saying get what they want but allow them to say no to something they think you may regret or to a spot they find unfit (like across your forehead) After all, if they don't like what it is or where you are getting it, it will cause issues later. If they don't agree, you've lost nothing, right?





I believe it will show them that you are mature enough to compromise and to get a tat.





Good luck! And happy tattooing!How do I convince my parents to let me get a tattoo?
My friend got his tattoo at 17 so similar to you but he did it behind their back which i don't suggest cause they WILL find out. I don't know how your parents are but hopefully the tattoo is reasonable, print it up and show it to them, tell them that you've wanted it for a very long period of time and that you could just go behind their backs but you respect them and want them to approve your decisions because you value their opinions (always works with mine lol) and tell them that you are prepared to pay for it (hopefully you are if not leave that out) and that your more capable of making your own decisions than they give you credit for so if they'll please, please at least seriously contemplate it. Then say thank you I love you Goodnight. Don't fight about it because that's not the way they'll give in, you have to show them your mature lol! Hope it works!!
You are too young to be getting a tattoo. If your parents' answer is no, then it's no. Just wait until you are 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment