Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do i convince my parents to get me a cell in a mature way?

I am 12 and I want a Cell Phone. How do I confront them about this?


PLEASE HELP!!! I am willing to pay for it. Does telus have good deals for plans with unlimited text?How do i convince my parents to get me a cell in a mature way?
You don't confront them, that's almost like an act of war. Your parents will know when you are mature enough for a cellphone. How will you pay for it, with your parents money or do you have a job??? You're a little to young to have a job.How do i convince my parents to get me a cell in a mature way?
Show them justification. If you live in an unsafe neighborhood, show them the crime statistics and how it could be used as a safety net. If you want one just for fun, show them good grades and say it is reward for doing a good job and you will continue to do well after you have had the phone.





You might need to realize one thing. When your parents were growing up they didn't have cell phones. So its hard to relate to them the significance of needing one at your age, now. You have to make your case by relating to them why they need their cellphones now. Ask them how difficult it would be if they didn't have the cellphones now. Then make your case. Good luck!
Just ask them. You can't just say 'get me cell phone....NOW.' You have to be nice and mature about it. Try the Voyager, the Dare or the ENV2.
Make a list of why you need one. NOT why you want one. In case of emergency's etc. Maybe money is an issues or a contract for your parents. Ask for it for your B-day or some holiday. You must be respectful, and responsible.
How do you plan on paying for the phone and for the plan? If you can afford it, you can have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment