Thursday, May 13, 2010

What should I bring my future parents in law from my home country Belgium?

I'm going with my future wife to the US next week to meet her parents. Yikes. Since I'm a Belgian my wife suggested that I'd bring chocolats as a present. I guess I can do that but I think its hardly original. Any other suggestions, fellow Belgians and Belgium 'conaisseurs'?What should I bring my future parents in law from my home country Belgium?
1- Lace. You can never go wrong with lace and your future mother in law will love you.


2- You can also try goblin.


3- And at the flea markets, you can find some really very nice opalin house objects, vases, etc. Women just love opalin objects.


4- Finally, I think, Belgian crystal will be an expensive but interesting and exquisite option. Val Saint Lambert will definetely be a winner.What should I bring my future parents in law from my home country Belgium?
Chocolate is good, but coffee is better. We bring back some every time we go. our favourite is in a red %26amp; gold pack %26amp; in English the name means Grey Horse. The Belgian coffee is the best in the world. Cheese would be good as well. We visit friends %26amp; come home with as much as we can carry. Hope you enjoy your trip, %26amp; good luck.
belgium chocolates





ps i'm from antwerp
Waffles of Brussels,


lace


beer, beer, beer (one meter beer)


french fries (are from Belgium)


...
congratulations, and yes chocolates,and pack them in your suitcase they will be fine I do it all of the time and Lace Brussels or Brugge lace and your future mother inlaw will love you the Americans love all that go into the lace shops and ask you can get from initialled handkerchiefs to table cloths broaches you name it and its a lovely gift for a lady,does papa smoke ?box of cigars or a good wine?wrap in case with a toilet roll around the neck of the bottle and wrap well ?bubble wrap?maybe something from where you are from in Belgium?I am just back from Gent,that was my mothers home town and I still have family there love it and the people yes Belgium is a great place,hope this has helped you?take care and have a great trip.
My English mother-in-law loves Knorr stoofvleessausmix and 'bruin bier'. Hardly a present though. But beer might be? Some speciality beers would be nice if they are beer drinkers. Something lace possibly, Belgium is famous for it's lace? Real 'suikerwafels' or banana or pistachio filled chocolate bars from GB? I doubt if they sell it in America.


Zero chocolate bars (the ones you need to put in the fridge)are a real Belgian thing too. And it is definitly more original than chocolate from a chocolatier in a posh box.
Chocolate or send some beer :) My brother married a girl from Belgium and when she came over she brought everybody a ton of chocolate. We loved her right away. Her cousin also sent a few packages of beer. A few of them busted but not all so we were able to enjoy some Jupiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment