Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How can I find my biological parents over the internet?

My adoptive parents don`t even know that I`m looking and I don`t want them too, so nothing that includes phone numbers, credit cards, mailing addresses and things like that. I have to be able to do it completely over the internet. Thanks.How can I find my biological parents over the internet?
There are a lot of adoptee websites that you can read messages, post messages, etc. Now the first question is are you over 18? if so, you can check with the agency that handled your adoption. If they have requested it sealed it will take a court order to open it. If they want to be contacted the agency probably will send you paperwork to fill out and then they will release the information to you. Don't expect results over night. This is a big step for you and for them. They may be looking for you too. When the time comes that you want to meet them send them a letter requesting a meet. Then make it on neutral ground for both of you.





Good luckHow can I find my biological parents over the internet?
Start by googling it. Also try classmates.com, there's a sister site link from there that gives out personal information for a fee of 20 bucks or something. It's creepy how much that site knows.
While I appreciate that you don't want them to know you are looking...


It is fair to say that they probably anticipated that someday you would ask questions. They likely discussed how they would best handle your questions later.





If you let them do that...


they may unintentionally give you some clues as to where to start with your search. Since the emotional factor could play for you, rather than against your desire for information, you might just ';bite the bullet'; and ask each one, away from the other, but before they can talk to each other.





And, who knows...maybe they'll give you all the ';beans.';





I hope that writing was clear.
start with ancestry.com or google or any white pages search engine
my daughter -in-law found her 1/2 sister on myspace !! then her birth mom !

No comments:

Post a Comment