Monday, May 10, 2010

How do I declair independency from my parents on my taxes?

While filling out taxes on turbo tax, is there anything that asks about independent status or how do i do that?How do I declair independency from my parents on my taxes?
if your parents have the right to claim you on their taxes, they can do that. and there is no way to get around it. if you have truly been on your own for at least 7 months last year, then there is a box on there that asks if you can be claimed as a dependent. if not checked, then they assume your not (unless your parents try to claim you, then you get a letter from the IRS later)How do I declair independency from my parents on my taxes?
If you parents qualify to claim you as a dependent you can't stop them from doing so. They get first pick if they're entitled to the exemption.





You ';declare'; independence by attaining age 19 (or 24 if a full-time student), moving out of the house, and supporting yourself.
there is a question that says can anyone claim you


as a dependent
If you are under 19 and your parents provided more than half of your support and you lived with them for at least half of 2006 then you are not eligible to take your own exemption. If you supported yourself (meaning you provided your own food, rent, clothing, etc.) -- even if you lived with them -- then you can take your own exemption. Your personal exemption is worth $3,300, which means that amount will be deducted from your income and you will not have to pay taxes on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment