Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What can I say to my parents to make them support my decision in moving in with my boyfriend?

Me and my boyfriend have been together almost a year a half. We live in different states now. I am planning on moving up there with him next year. My parents think we should wait until we get married to move in with eachother but were almost engaged now...we are 21 and 22. I dont think that is too young, what can I say to my parents to have their support?What can I say to my parents to make them support my decision in moving in with my boyfriend?
You can't make your parents support you in something they disagree with.What can I say to my parents to make them support my decision in moving in with my boyfriend?
You are your own people and old enough for your own decisions. Do not rely on your parents for finance and hopefully they will respect your decision in the end that you are serious about each other . It is good you have some forward planning, some people are too reliant on their parents and make decisions that affect their parents on a personal day to day level. You are not doing that and will both be professionally qualified to plan a good lifestyle for yourselves.
Explain to your parents that this is your decision. You are finishing school and then you will be moving. He has a decent career in the military. Tell them that you would like their support but if they can't support you you will be sad but won't change your mind.





Have they ever met him? Maybe they need a little more time around this guy.





It sounds like they are just being overprotective of their little girl.





Good Luck!
Let boyfriend spend time with your family, see if they can get along. Let your boyfriend ask your dad for permission. Don't rush it, people still date in there 40's. If it was meant to be, you'll see if you wait.
a whore is a whore and a whoremonger is a whoremonger... sex before marriage is fornication... do you know that God loves you and wants the best for you both?
Difficult situations need answers by experts which this site has provided.
if u were teens things would be soo different but ur not.


tell ur parents that ur independant and that you should be able to make your own decisions.


its your life
say, ';I feel I am making the right decision here, and please can you trust and support me';
very little. Time is a good cure. All the best

No comments:

Post a Comment