Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My parents and I have the craziest arguments. Is putting milk in your Nalgene bad?

They tell me that putting milk in my nalgene with leave residue in it, making it hard to clean. Also, the residue will mostly consist of bacteria, which will grow in my nalgene. I'm arguing that hot water will clean most of it out, and letting the bottle dry will kill the bacteria. Any good suggestions or opinions out there? Thanks.My parents and I have the craziest arguments. Is putting milk in your Nalgene bad?
If you're talking about a Nalgene water bottle, then just be sure that you run it through the dishwasher or use REALLY hot, soapy water after something besides water has been in it, no matter what it is. If in doubt, wash it, then boil a pan of water and pour it into the bottle to scald it clean - I don't know of any kinds of ';bugs'; that can survive THAT!My parents and I have the craziest arguments. Is putting milk in your Nalgene bad?
bleach will get the stuff out..


HOWEVER anything other then water in your nalgene will cause the lexan/plastic to break down (over time) thus releasing lovely chemicals that you ingest in your body..





Also you can put the nalgene in the dishwasher to hit the inside w/ super hot water etc..


the sink in general does get the water hot enough to kill bacteria..
what the hell is a nalgene
Putting cow's milk in your body is bad. I don't know what a Nalgene is.

No comments:

Post a Comment