Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do I convince my parents to let me have a kitten?

About a year ago my cat ran away. I miss him and I am lonely. Now I want a new kitten. But my parents won't let me. When I ask my mom she says yes as long as my dad says yes. But when I ask my dad he says no. I've tryed to explain that I will clean up after, feed, and care for a new kitten but he says no before I even finish! Right now my family has a 2 year old dog and a 12 year old cat. I feed the dog and cat and walk the dog with my sisters. My room is clean and I do my chores either the first or second time my parents ask. My dad has even told me I am his most responsible child and I have older siblings. I know I will be able to care for the kitten because I am homeschooled right now by tutors so I am home all day plus I am caring for 2 animals right now and I have cared for 3! How can I convince my parents to get me a kitten?How do I convince my parents to let me have a kitten?
Talk to your dad again. Or better yet, ask your mom to help you talk to your dad. You know that sometimes, moms can make dads say yes! :)





Just continue being responsible. Show him that YOU CAN do and take care of a new kitten, along with the other 2 animals. I mean, it's really not much of a responsibility, once you had the kitten trained to take the kitty litter.





Just talk to your dad nicely; tell him that your cat is getting old, and that you want to have a new kitten. Or better yet, if you want, you can write him a letter, if he says no before you even finish talking to him.





Start the letter by ';Dad, continue reading. And please, consider my side, too?';





Hope this helps. :)How do I convince my parents to let me have a kitten?
you dont need to get a kitten if you have a cat amd it is dangerous to get a new kitten if you have a dog because since the kitten will be new they might not get along and the kitten can get hurt

Report Abuse



Talk to your Mom and ask her to please talk to your Dad about being a kitten. Let her see your question above and the answers you have given. You sound like a very responsible pet owner and I am sure you would take care of a kitten very well. Just see if you can get your Mom to help you change your Dad's mind. Good luck sweetie.
You have not said why your parents are not in favour of you having a new kitten?





Maybe they feel you have enough responsibility right now with two pets and younger siblings to care for, plus your chores, school work, etc. Or perhaps they feel the house is not secure enough for a small new pet, and fixing things would take money they don't have. It could be one of many reasons.





It sounds like you would do a great job of caring for a kitten, but perhaps you also need some time to do other things, such as sports or recreation?





You could ask your parents why they are not in favour of the idea (do this when they are together so you don't get the 'ask your father/mother' treatment).





You may be satisfied with their answer and decide that you won't press for a new kitten after all.





If you think you would still like one, let it go for a while. If you still feel strongly about it in two or three months, you could ask again.





But whatever you do ~ please don't whinge! It will only make them determined that you should not have a kitten (not that you sound like a whinger, but just in case!).





Good luck with your dream of a new pet!
print the pictures of these out and leave them around the house


comment on how adorable they are


then when the topic is raised


say i was hoping top remind you how cute they are


http://cats.about.com/od/catpictures/Cat鈥?/a>
you cant...sorry to say ...it's probably more to it then what your dad is willing to tell you.....just except it for right now.....then later down the line he may change his mind....just don't keep going on about it....that will just make him never give in....we may not think it but sometime they have reasons for there decisions
If your dad has told you that you are his most responsible child, ask him a little bit more to think about what he said. He pretty much answered any doubts in his mind by saying that you're responsible. Maybe he is saying no because you already have a dog and a cat. If you show your parents that you are ultra-responsible (since kittens are a big responsibility), they might let you. If they interrupt you with a ';no'; before you even finish, write it down in a letter to them, or start off with something smaller first like a fish or a gerbil (both inexpensive) and let them know you are very well capable of caring for a third animal.
Tell your dad that you need a kitten to catch the mice around your home. better yet have your mom ask daddy to please let you have a kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment