Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is the best way to tell my parents about a bad report card?

I have recently received a reportcard with the following grades


C


C


A


C


D


D


I have gotten reports cards with mostly A's and B's before, but this year wasn't all that grade. Other 9 week report cards either have been the same as this or even worse. I only have one 9 week reportcard left to redeem myself.


I'm not very organized, but that's not that much of an issue.


For some reason, I have a problem where I can't pay attention in class sometimes, but this only counts for Algebra and History. I try my best in Science, but I bring home papers with ';15%';s on them. It's madness. I want to get 2 A's, 3 B's and 1 C on my next reportcard. But I doubt this will happen. I complete all my homework and projects, but I still get grades that are down in the gutter.


And tips or suggestions that can somewhat help me?What is the best way to tell my parents about a bad report card?
I am a parent and my advice is to just suck it up and tell them. Tell them why you think you are having trouble and ask for help.





Much better to hear it from the child than to open a letter from school and seeing an A and 2 F's.What is the best way to tell my parents about a bad report card?
I know. I personally opened the letter from my daughter's school to find the A and 2 F's. Just trying to let you know that I have ';been there, done that';.

Report Abuse



OH WAT U DO IS GO TO UR PARENTS AND SAY MOM DAD I DIDNT DO SOOO WELL THIS TIME AND I DIDNT WANNA HIDE IT FROM U











I KNO IT SOUNDS A LITTLE BIT SUCK UPISH BUT IT JUST MIGHT WORK
Be honest. Your parents can't stay angry at you forever. Tell the truth and promise to work harder.
The best way is to soften the impact of the truth with a dampening lie, like so: Tell your parents, or better yet fabricate a mock report card with the following grades...


D


D


F


F


F


F





then let them unload on you for a few minutes before busting out with the real report card that says:


C


C


C


D


G


H


little do they know thats not the real card yet!


let them unload some more..


then bust out with the real report card and your punishment will be less severe.. or more.. i forget which.
tell ur parents when theyre in a good mood b/c if u do probly the punishment and anger would be less than when theyre in a bad mood.
eh, make up something that you may have been secretly struggling with. and then tell them you realize now that you need help...... then come up with a plan with your parents. perhaps they will help you with money to buy study programs, there are a lot of ways to become a faster study person. not to mention.... it will always be with you to assist you in learning faster.
Talk to your teachers. Your bad grades reflect on them also. Any good teacher would be more than happy to help a student who really is trying.


Tell your parents the truth, and what you are doing about it. Do not blame it on anyone but yourself. Perhaps your parents can help you. Maybe not!


Keep trying and good luck.
To answer your first question about how to tell you parents my suggestion would be as follows. Just tell them. There is no way to sugar-coat bad grades (trust me I've tried). Even all the promising to do better on the next one wouldn't suffice my parents, they just wanted to see the hard evidence.


The second answer is a way to both soothe your parents concerns and may help you to do better on tests and papers. Get out a sheet of paper, turn it horizontally, and make a grid of your week. Next fill out all the time slots that are occupied by extracurriculars and school. Next start picking days and times to devote to certain subjects.


Lets say you finish all your homework one night, maybe for the next hour you'll go back and review history or algebra in preperation for papers and tests. Putting time aside to focus on one subject even when nothing is due is really helpful.


Showing this kind of thing to your parents may also be helpful in asuring them you are trying and really want to imrove.


I hope you get those great grades!
Be honest with your parents; tell them just what you've said here- that its hard for you to pay attention in those classes. Many times, a medical condition like ADHD or depression, can cause you to loose focus, no matter how hard you try. Your parents can help you rule out those factors. Also, maybe you need a study skills or test taking class- some people need to learn specific strategies, because just winging it isn't enough.





If you're upfront with your folks, and ask THEM for help, they may forget about being angry because they are so pleased at your willingness to be cooperative.
The longer you put it off, the angrier or more disappointed they will be for hiding it from them. Get it over with ASAP. Also, if you feel you are trying your best... Why don't you attach a well written letter similar to what you've written here in your question explaining to your parents why you think you got the grades, what you think you could have tried harder in, and/or asking them for help. Be honest, if you're distracted in class or don't get it, ask your parents to see if they're willing to get you a tutor because you want to do well to make them proud of you, but you cannot do it alone. What subject did you get an A in? It's a class you enjoy or are a ';natural'; at.
Just go to them and tell them that you didn't do well in your grades. That you are trying hard and will continue to try to do better, but you are also not sure why you are having trouble. Suggest to them, hat maybe you could use a tutor to try to do better. But presenting the tutor idea to them, then will see that you are sincere about doing better and will be with you.
  • cosmetics products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment