Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is the best way to convince my parents to let me get a puppy?

I am thinking about asking my parents if I can get a puppy. I haven't asked them yet but so far I am planning on telling them that I will pay for everything. I know it will be expensive but I know that I can afford it. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can convince them to let me get one let me know...... PLEASE!!!What is the best way to convince my parents to let me get a puppy?
Nice to see someone with so much fore thought before getting a dog :D. I have a blog that will guide you through getting a pup and its first nights and training. See http://www.teachingpuppies.com/





You need to know that over a dogs life it is very very expensive to keep. Around 拢20,000/ $32,000 is the average. Can you maintain this kind of expense? Vet bills can be shockingly expensive so work things out carefully. On top of money there are lots of things you need to provide a dog with. These links should help you out so you know what to be prepared for.





To see if you are ready for a dog and general info


http://www.teachingpuppies.com/am-i-read鈥?/a>





Picking a pup out of a litter and breeder tips


http://www.teachingpuppies.com/picking-t鈥?/a>





Bringing him/her home (getting your house ready)


http://www.teachingpuppies.com/bringing-鈥?/a>





To avoid the crying at night


http://www.teachingpuppies.com/my-puppie鈥?/a>





The ever important housetraining!


http://www.teachingpuppies.com/8-easy-st鈥?/a>





Jumping up http://www.teachingpuppies.com/stop-my-p鈥?/a>





There are other articles on there about other pets and considerations for them with a new pup but the site should answer all of your queries if not leave a comment and i will help you out.





Hope this helpsWhat is the best way to convince my parents to let me get a puppy?
Try getting a smaller, easier to take care of pet, such as a beta fish or a hamster. If you can show them that you are responsible with that pet, they will be more likely to let you get a puppy.





Do some research and explain to your parents all that you will do if you get one.





Good luck!





Also, if they say no, don't get mad because that will make things work. Ask what you have to do until they will let you get one.
Before you even consider asking for a puppy make sure you do your research on how to care and train a puppy. Puppies are lots of hard work, there are plenty of sleepless nights and puppy puddles to clean up! I think if you show your parents how committed you are, after doing research (and a budget - including vaccinations etc) then that will help!
Hmm, i think your dramatic under estimating the cost of dog ownership!





Cost of owning a dog 1st year


Purchase Price=$1000


Food=$500


Vacinations=$150


Vet bills=$400


Spay/neuter=200


Bed=$150


Treats=$100


Chew bones=$150


Bowls=$25


Collar=$20


Leash=$20


Trainning=$450


Fence=$1500


Vitamins=$75


Flea Control=$200


Heartworm=$100


Shampoo=$25


Grooming=$400


Grooming Tools=$250


Dental Care=$40


Stain Cleaner=$75


Waste Disposal=$50


Trainning aids=$300


Deworming=$30


Boarding=200


Crate=$150


Car Restraint=$100





Approx cost of puppy ownership $6600.00, keep at least $2,000 aside, because puppies are renouned for eating things they shouldn't and have to have expensives surgery to remove the offending items.





Remember the yearly cost after this will be around $2485.00





Remember its NOT just a puppy for 1year, its a lifetime commitment 12-14years!





Approx Cost of lifespan of 14year old dog $38,905.00
make your own budget that shows them this is roughly how much it will cost. think of shots food grooming potty training dog cage everything and then set that money aside and show them you can do it, and absolutely promise them that the dog will not potty inside....it worked for me.
get a pet other than a dog or a puppy get a guinea pig and take good care of it,then if u take good care of it they will see that u can take good care of pets and they will say YES YOU CAN HAVE A PUPPY. it works for me all the time
grow up , get a job, get out on your own, then you wont have to ask your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment