Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How would you react if your parents decided to take your freedom away?

See, my mother decides to give me freedom and more liberty to go out and now she decides to take it away and be more protective. Honestly im used to partying and stuff already an dhanging out with my friends, but i dont understand why is she trying to take my freedom away.





Can anyone helppppp?How would you react if your parents decided to take your freedom away?
Whoo. This is tough to answer because I'm a parent but I also know where you're coming from.





Here me out for a second: As a parent I want to teach my kids how to ';parent themselves'; when they're grown up. Kids (and young adults too) have the idea that it doesn't matter what they do, things will just work themselves out. Young people have the sense that there's total freedom in the world to do whatever you want, and that unlimited doors are open to them. This is sort of true, but there's a lot more to it than that.





So, as a parent I want to teach my kids things like ';good balance.'; Working towards a goal, but having a healthy lifestyle too - which includes having fun.





They need to be able to go to school, get good grades, get enough sleep and eat right - but they also need time to ';party';, hang out with friends, etc. Life is not all work. But life can't be too much play either, because the consequences of too much of anything good are not good at all.





Ideally I'd like my kids to have a healthy balance of work and play - but this get's complicated for me because MY life is stressful sometimes too. Sometimes i get sick and I can't make sure the homework is done. Sometimes I'm just to busy with my responsibilities to make sure the kids are getting enough ';fun'; time, or vice versa: sometimes I'm overloaded with something and they're doing way too much partying and slacking off LOL. So whenever I can, I try to swing the balance of the two back into proportion.





Sometimes I get afraid for them. I think some of their friends aren't all that good for them. I worry about things like smoking and drinking, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time when something bad happens. I can't help this. I'm protective. It's an instinct that's built into me. It was triggered when I gave birth. Even animals have that instinct. It makes me pull my kids away from certain other kids who smell like danger. It makes me say no to certain parties that I fear might threaten my child's future in any way - even when I'm totally wrong about the level of danger and sometimes imagining it.





The problem for you is that a lot of parents don't clearly realize why they're doing the things they're doing. They don't realize precicely why they're suddenly enforcing rules. They know it's because something's got their dander up and they feel you might be in danger of going in the wrong direction, but they don't know that their own methods are an overlap of the same kind of behaviour you'll need to take on yourself someday, so they can't explain that to you very well.





The truth is, at some point it'll be you who needs to know when to draw the line. You'll have to be able to decide when too much partying is too much. You'll have to have ';self-discipline'; in order to get yourself through college, drag your butt to work, leave a social function early enough that you'll have time to sleep and feel good and happy the next day. You'll have to establish balance all on your own when you leave home. And what your mom is trying to do as best she can, is set up a pattern of balance for you right now. But moms have the hardest time balancing their own lives (kids vs. work vs. relaxation vs. chores, etc.) so that it's hard for them to completely model the example they're trying to set.





If your mom's just trying to keep you on the right track, keep your grades up AND allow you some fun too. Maybe you can challenge her to find ways to do the same in her own life. She's got stuff to do and responsibilities too - but is her own life any fun? Is SHE making time for herself? Does she have healthy, meaningful friendships, and hobbies that she enjoys? Is it enough for her so that when she's a parent to you she's not super stressed out? In reality BOTH of you need this healthy balance of work vs. fun.





You probably need a little less time with your friends and she probably needs a little more... If this doesn't happen, 15 years from now you'll be in the exact same position she's in right now, working your butt off in your home or in your job trying to keep your kids on track when really it's you who needs to get on track so that you can model what it's like to have a little of both and thrive.How would you react if your parents decided to take your freedom away?
Well she could be a control freak or a worry freak, but it doesn't matter you can do what you want. Your old enough to party and your sure as hell old enough to do what ever you want to do without your mother passing judgment on it. Don't listen to your mother, rebel, tell your mother that you are you and not her and you have the right and freedom to do what you want. Whether it's partying, or staying late at night until 2 a.m, or piercing your bellybutton, or what ever else. And if she has a problem tell he well then too bad because your going to keep playing like this and no one can stop you. And besides sooner or later you'll be legally an adult and all her power over you will fade away.
Parents usually tighten the reins when the freedoms they have given are being abused.





So if you can't balance the freedom given you with doing your homework and chores, for example, you may find you are not deserving.





I rather imagine your parents have a reason, and you would get/or have gotten the reason directly from them.





It's a parents wish to assist their children in growing up. So we begin at a certain age to give them opportunities to make decisions and have freedoms that they demonstrate they can HANDLE.





When my children showed they were not yet responsible enough to handle responsibilities I had given them, I had to back up and wait for them to catch up.
She is taking it away because she loves you! I know it is hard to understand but believe me ( i am still a teenager) that parents do pretty weird stuff for what we think is no reason for. But if she does not see that you need your freedom, try talking her into giving you a reasonable time to get home at night, so you will have you free time and tell her to get you a cell phone if you don't already have one, so she can keep track of where you are and when you are there.If you accomplish that, she will not worry about you when you are out and you will be free! Sounds Good?
um, did you ever think you abused it, and she wants you to prove that you can handell partying, and crap? its simple, you think you didnt she thinks you did, blahblahblah you say you don't she says you do blahblahblah blabidyblabidy BLAH just act your age, well, responsible for your age ,like don't party, get your grades up, even if they are good, get them the best, and prove to her that you can handle it. OK, then, if you don't like that idea ASK YOUR MOM! you thinkin, oh, my mom will never answer why shes taking away my freedom, probably not if you go up to her and be like ,MOM, I WANT MY FREEDOM NOW SO I CAN PARTY, no, say, mom, what can i do to assure you that i can be resposible at a party, and fallow through, dont say, im not going to do drugs, then go do drugs, don't, just fallow through with your commitment! ok, or just ask her, mom, it seems to me that youv'e taken away some of my privlages, can i ask why? nicely!!!!!!hope it helps, say the outcome when/f you chose best answer!
if i were your age i'd probably not be very happy at all with my parents. but now im an adult with very young children. it might seem to you like your parents have freedom to do what they want and you dont..but really, when they had you, they lost all of thier freedom!! they became responible for you and your wellbeing until you become an adult. maybe your mom is protecting you because she can see things that you can't yet. some parents really are too overprotective. but the only way to get more respect and freedom from them is to prove to them you can be responsible, i know it might seem hard but if you do what they tell you (or dont do what they tell you not to do! heh) then it will show them you can be trusted and they will let you go out more. good luck!
lol, strict parents? hmm in my high school years, I was allowed to go to one football game, my jr and sr prom, and that was it. No sports, no clubs, nothing period. end of story.





I was soooooo mad cause I couldn't go out on the weekends and party with my so called friends. and I rebelled, I didn't care about school, never did my homework, nothing, and still the reins didn't get any looser.





My 2 best friends from high school had kids before they were out of school a year. 1 of my friends had a child in 8th grade. most of the people I thought wouldn't do stupid stuff, got drunk, smoked dope and all that crap. and the best thing of it all, I was never given the chance to make a bad mistake.





To this day I';m 24 I couldn't tell you the difference between crack or sugar. I have gotten drunk only once, and that was in college, and after spending the night with my head in the toilet I've never even been tempted to try that again. I dont' smoke, and I waited until I was 23 to have a child.





You're parents are doing it to punish you, please realize that. She let you go for a bit, but maybe you went a bit to far, and she's heard about it, and pulled you back in under her wing. It's like a protective momma bird, she never lets anything bad happen to her chicks, she always protects them from the elements, from predators, and she teaches them to fly.





You mom is setting you up to suceed, and you're going to look back at that and thank her. Sit down and think about it, if you had a child your age, would you want her going out with her friends and not have any idea where she was? Or if you'd ever see her again?.
Oh Trust mine was gones years ago! im 13 now and i hate it!!!!!!


But my mom me its for my own saftey cause she loves me! You dont know how much your mom loves you! She would give away ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING just for you! Im not a pro with this but im on your side..you might be older than me and want your rights but your parents just love you!





PS. If you the only child or only girl THEY WOULD NEVER! give you freedom! Trust me im an only girl!
well what i did when my mom took my freedom away was i just left


i would leave the house when i felt like and i gave her hell


finally she asked me why i was doing this and i told her that i dont get why she gave me freedoms and then she took them away


yeah it was way out of proportion but she hasnt grounede me in 2 years so
First, did you stick to the rules? Eg where you home on time? did you hang out with older people? did you get drunk or used drugs? if something of the sort happened, maybe your mum started to get worried and limited your freedom. I'm sure she's not doing it to be spiteful. she must have her reasons. why don't you sit down and talk, ask her the same questions you've asked here. good luck.


How old are you?
She either found something showing her what you were really up to or heard something that made you lose her trust. If you want to keep her trust and want her to keep allowing you to go out you have to talk to her and get the the bottom of it. Let her know the things that are going on and keep her involved.
Your mother is just being a hater! Duh! GO out and party! Get knocked up, drop out of school, get on welfare to support the baby and live at parents or abused by your crackhead boyfriend until you're 30-40.... because that's what happens to kids who goes out and party.
she's just trying to protect you, as cliche as that sounds. go out of your way to do something responsible in front of her. eventually you'll gain enough trust that she'll know you're mature and responsible enough to take care of yourself on your party outings
For your safety. She loves you and just wants you to be safe. If you are out partying then I wouldn't let you go out either, until you showed responsibility. It's not to downgrade you or make you feel she hates you. It's all about love.
Did you get in trouble recently or maybe she over heard something and it freaked her out so the only way she thinks she is helping is taking away your freedom. I would try to talk to her about it.
technically.


we don't have any freedom to begin with.


but still.


i wouldn't talk to them unless i needed to and i would completely keep to myself.
freedom is a priviledge.........you abuse it, you lose it!


and remember.............with more freedom comes more responsibility!
I'd feel terrible. Sometimes I feel like it's a crime when it happens. But your parents are very protective of you.
ive never had freedom to begin with. maybe she found out about your partying and has decided to keep you in for a while.
That's what makes me mad about parents. They're inconsistent. And that my friend, is why its so frustrating.
hmmmm...





she's just doing whats best 4 u...





.......................trust me........................








tc oLweiZ.........=)
You jest. Thanks for the hardy chuckle
Oh trust me, mine's already gone........
I would say wtf MOM! I'm married and 24 get out of my house
she obviously cares about you.....just start being more responsible and sensible...and try to convince her that you can take care of your self and u will not fall into any sort of troubles........
suicide.


omg i got suspended it SUXXXXX!!!!


i cant do crap...
they did i took it back it not there's f*** them there just so mean I'm cute my self because of them
you will thank her later in life
since more teens are getting drunk and taking drugs she worried about you

No comments:

Post a Comment