Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do I persuade my persuade my parents for a horse?

I would help pay for it but I need some advice on how to persuade them.How do I persuade my persuade my parents for a horse?
Okay well I have been in the exact same position as you. I even asked the same question as you on Yahoo answers a few months ago. I made a leaflet with livery ideas, how it would fit into my life, the benefits etc. I then made a spreadsheet of all the costs so my parents knew I had researched it and was serious. I also made a powerpoint presentation with info and pics and a cake for them to eat! I know this isn't the exact answer you are looking for because when people said this to me I didn't like the idea but loaning a pony is definately the way forward. My parents agreed to me loaning a gorge pony who has imporved my riding so much and is like my own. He is better than one I could buy as he has lots of experience and can teach me the ropes so that I am ready for a horse of my own. My parents are realising this and I think will let me have my own when the loan is up. So don't give up on the idea of loaning is it is cost-effective even though you think you can afford it although it will take more time to get your own horse, you will be a better rider and will be able to buy a horse that you will be able to have for years to come. I hope this helps and don't feel dis-heartened - you'll get your horse some day! Good luck!How do I persuade my persuade my parents for a horse?
First of all make sure you have a way to generate an income once you actually have the horse. If you're to young to get a job, or don't think you will be able to get one, ask around at stables you are thinking about boarding at. Often a stable will allow you to clean stalls and help around the barn to help pay your horse's board. This also gives you valuable experience about learning to care for horses.





Secondly, just point out to your parents that if you have a horse you'll be spending a lot of time at the bard; ie a place with almost constant adult supervision. It's hard to get in trouble while you're there, and they'll no where you are at all times. Also, you might also want to give them some information about the health benefits of riding, a little research will show them that you are ready and committed to the work that goes with horses. Both of these were strong factors in convincing my mom to let me buy my two horses.
Have you taken lessons? If you have, have you gone consistently without complaining? If you don't take lessons, ask your parents to let you have lessons. You might find that you aren't ready for the responsibilities of a horse. If you complain or refuse to go, then they will feel that you aren't mature enough for a horse.





If you have been consistent in going to lessons, then take up other responsibilities around the house. If your parents see that you are responsiblr, they might change their mind
well i just got a horse last week :D an amazing little black morgan that i lovee


but what i did was save tonnns of money, and kind of gave my parents hints like constantly saying how much i loved the horse and everything. Then, when they finally said that they would consider it, I made a plan about how much money I would pay each month and how much money it woulc cost for everthing else, to show that I was ready to take it on., and to show my responsibility. GOOD LUCK!!!
Dont get a horse yet because they are very expensive. Try a part time lease because they are only about 200 to 300 dollars. If you think you can commit to a horse then try showing your parents what all you can do then talk to your riding teacher about suggestions on cutting down the price.
PLEASE READ EVEN THOUGH IT IS LONG!


I am in the same postion. But I am getting one in a year. You need to save about 6000-7000 dollars for one year. I dont know about you but, that would take me years to save! You dont want to get a horse if you dont have the money. I reccomend waiting until you make an agreement with your parents! Espeically if the horse gets sick...vet bills are EXPENSIVE!


Good Luck!


DONT BUY UNTIL YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY! That is the #1 reason people have to sell there horses because they dont have the time or money to save ones life when it is sick. Please wait until you have more than enough. I may sound mean but I am being serious. This isnt a one day thing. This is a lifetime expense.
Yeah. I know you would help pay for it, but do you have any idea how expensive and time consuming the upkeep of a horse is? Unless you make a whole bucket-load of money, which I highly doubt (as I assume you are a child), you will not be able to contribute significantly to its care.
yah...Like the other person up there said...save money first...and don't just save an amount that's EXACTLY the same price as the horse...you might even need more for like bills...or renting a stall for your horse, treats...etc.


Also, it's going to be a BIG responsibility to even rent a stall and keep your horse there because some stables don't take good care for the horses. High quality stables require ALOT of money.


I've been to this stable once and ALL their horses were starving. You could even see their ribs O.o


Well...think about the savings first before you persuade your parents to buy your horse





I hope this helped ^^
lol i was in the same situation a year ago. saving up money does help, and even getting them to agree to leasing for a little while would be good. what i did is told my parents how having a horse would get me outside, and make me more responsible. then i went online and kept looking at horses for sale in my area and if i found one, i would show it to them and just kept nagging them into it. now i've had my horse for over a year! :D
The way I showed mine, was firstly that I would be committed and responsible. Money wasn't the problem!!! I needed to show them that my love for horses was a permanent thing and not just a thing that I will stop having interest in a couple of months/ year!!!
make a sob story that u dont have any friends and u have a kind of bond with horses and it will teach u responsibility and patience and that summer is comein up and u wont have anything to do all summer long without a horse.
i would tell them all the things that horses can help you with....


for example...


responsibily... because you have to feed it and take care of it...


and....


love... because you have to love your horse...
Blackmail
  • cosmetics products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment