Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do I convince my parents to get me a horse?

I really want a horse and I already have 337 dollars. My parents do not think I am responsible but I am. I am willing to pay for everything including boarding I can get a job b/c I am old enough.How do I convince my parents to get me a horse?
First of all $337 goes fast when paying for a horse... My barn's board is $600 alone.... Think of all the other expenses tack, vets, farrier, lessons (which you must have before getting a horse), and lots of other equipment... I guess it depends where you live but in most places $337 doesn't pay for much. Ask your parents if you could share board a horse or pony and if they say yes prove to them that you are willing to take care of it. I work of lessons by helping at my barn and that shows my parents (that know nothing about horses) that i'm responsible and am willing to work for what i want. Also think about if you parents can afford a horse. The horses at my barn sell for over $300,000. Do you have siblings going to college (like me)? If so they have to spend enough money as it is don't try to pressure them into something. Do you have the time to ride almost everyday? What do you want to do with your horse?


Most likely you won't get a horse but try to spend as much time around them as possible =)How do I convince my parents to get me a horse?
Have you ever talked to your parents about renting one? That would be the best thing to do. Thats what i did and now we are looking for a horse for rent!

Report Abuse



well i have horses and thats why i am answering this question well tell them this





mom dad i will show you i am responsible once you can show you are responsible for thinking i am responsible so if you can really trust me i can trust you but thats plan B so for plan A you say dad can you please buy me this horse and say i PROMISE i will take good care and will do everything you guys tell me to do and will make you so happy TRUST me this is the smartest thing you can do


oh and for plan C just begg for your horses life
do you have any other pets?


if you do take care of them don't let your parent do any work you do it yourself and show them that you are responsible also maybe they think you don't have enough money or something i say you should save up and then pay for like the the brushes and all the stuff you need


PS where are you going to put it?????
Well, there is obviously some reason your parents dont want you to have a horse. Why don't you continue saving until you are an adult to make sure you have a stable amount of money to pay for a horse. Have ou thought of all of the medical bills, food, grooming, etc? I know it would be cool to have a horse, but Maybe your parents just realize what a big responsibility it is. After all, its not exactly puppy.
You didn't mention anything about your riding experience, so I'll assume you have none? DO NOT even think about buying a horse without at least 2-3 years of reputable riding lessons under your belt. It's dangerous for both you and the horse. Trail riding does not count. So why don't you start out with a smaller goal, by just asking your parents for riding lessons?
It's not really convincing them your trying to do. You need to prove it to them. It is really hard. Horses are not cheap. You need to figure that out. If the horse get injuired then the horses recovery/surgery could cost an arm and a leg.


I would suggest you getting the job first. Make sure you can keep the job. After a few months of working at the job, then you should consider getting a horse.





But, I highly suggest you do a partial lease on a horse. Your not ready.
TELL THEM THiS...


AND SAY iF U TRUST ME EN0UGH.


Y0U W0ULD TRUST ME EN0UGH


T0 KN0W THAT i CAN TAKE CARE 0F THiS H0RSE.


U HAVE T0 SH0W THEM


BETTER DEN U CAN TELL THEM.
Could you borrow/rent one for a time? Show them how you take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment