Thursday, December 31, 2009

How can I convince my parents that getting a horse is important?

I love horses and have forever i have been riding for 4 years and have wanted a horse.. now that im almost old enough to drive i want to take the next step and get a horse. money is not the problem it the fact that my parents dont think im dedecated enough and they just dont want to buy a horse. what can i do to convince them of my love of horses and how much i realy want one and the benifits of riding?How can I convince my parents that getting a horse is important?
hard isnt it!!


we never had any money when i was younger. a horse was quite simply out of the question.


i had to wait till i was 35 before i was able to buy a horse.





unfortunately, unless you've stuck at things before, they'll assume that you'll be the same with a horse once the novelty has worn off!!


it really does take a lot of dedication! even now, when i'm really worn out and tired i can find it hard to find the extra energy, along with having to do everything else- single hardworking parent, dog, cats housework etc.


of course , i always see to her, but there are times when maybe you feel ill and you still have to battle your way to the field and do em.





if you believe you are responsible and dedicated enough , and realise there will be times when its hard, but you still have to go and see to them, then you can perhaps come to an agreement with your parents.





agree on a set amount of chores per day, and stick to it, even when you'd rather be off out or at the computer. if your parents ask you to do something, jump to it and get it done- dont moan, or tell them you'll do it later. all these little things with your attitude will make the difference to whether they'll think you are responsible or not





im afraid there's no quick fix to changing your parents mind, but over time you can make them realise that you have become a rresponsible person, who may actually be dedicated enough after all !!!How can I convince my parents that getting a horse is important?
I think the best thing is just to stop asking.


Show them how responsible you can be.


Maybe ask the ranch owner OR your lesson giver if you can do some extra chores like clean bridles or saddles or muck some stalls and clean water buckets in exchange for taking some money off of your lesson payment.


As a parent I want to be shown that my son or daughter could take responsibility and not just say they can.
My friend is having the same problem. What she's doing is she looks at horse ads all the time and always is showing her parents and is saying, '; Oh mom look at this one.'; Or, ';Dad, doesn't this guy seem like fun.'; And other things like that, and her parents are warming up to the idea. I hope this helps you out. My parents and I worked a deal where I could get one if I had good grades, paid for half of the horse, behaved myself, and I had to do chores at home before I can see my horse. Hopefully you can get a horse! They are a lot of fun. Good luck!
try sponsoring one first!
Lease a horse (the more responsibilities you have to take care of for the horse and its care, the better) and use that to ';prove'; to them that you can and will take care of a horse. I assume you're taking lessons - if not, start immediately.





Don't feel too bad, most of us go through our whole childhood wishing for a horse but we never get one! Not til we make our own money, anyway.
It is a very good experience on responsibility. They may say, ';Oh, it is too much work';. Just turn that against them. Tell them that that is how you can prove to them you're responsible. Also, it teaches you a lot about taking care of living things, and patience. If you wanna ride, you get a GREAT workout.
keep yourself dedicated, they will notice and after they see its not a fad, ask again

No comments:

Post a Comment