Friday, December 25, 2009

How can I convince my parents to let me have a dog?

I'm 11 years old, and I really want to get a dog. I actually want to get a siberian huskey, because I know a lot about them and they are really cool. I'm free to take them running at least 3 times a day, and I'm willing to train it and everything. My mom sort of agrees with the idea, but my dad is the problem. He says he doesn't want a dog because one time when we were dogsitting a beagle, it dug holes in the backyard, killed the grass, and puked in the car. Buying it isn't really the problem; it's just the fact of taking care of it. What can I tell my dad to really get him to let me get one for my birthday?How can I convince my parents to let me have a dog?
Try volunteering at the local animal shelter or a vet's office. They'll see your dedication and you'll get some experience while you're at it. That's what my brother did at your age and now he has Scrappy!How can I convince my parents to let me have a dog?
Well I am only 12! I had to deal with a problem like that before on getting a boxer! I started to earn the money and started to babysit more to get my parents thinking I am responsible! After I earned about a hundred dollars my parents gave in because they thought I was pushing myself too hard in working! This is what you need to do:





1.Act more mature than you already are!


2.Earn a little bit of greens!


3.Try taking care of a neighbors dog ny going on doggie duty(poop)


4.Don't go on about...but all my friends have a dog!
11 year olds are NOT prepared to deal with a siberian husky,,, they bark, they shed like crazy , they are not easily trained and they love to dig, run off etc.. this breed is for more experienced dog people





sorry
you just need to let them know you can be responsible
tell them the positive things about having a dog like they take care of the house when nobody is home and stuff like that





i wouldnt get a siberian husky if i were you cuz they are really hard to train
sit him down and tell him everything you know about them and taking care of dogs give himwebsites and books about them.....like a report and hopefully he will believe you and you wil get your puppy.





good luck and best of wishes this worked on my dad im 13 and i have 3 dogs 2 turtles and three sugar gliders. let me know please.
the best way to convince your dad is to show him that you are very responsible.you need to start doing chores like washing the dishes %26amp; cleaning your room,ect.i think the problem your dad has is that he dosen't know thAT you are responsible.also those kinds of dogs are BIG!!!you should maybe head in a smaller direction.you have to tell him how much you want it %26amp; how much you will take care of it.anyways hope that helps!
volunteer working with animals...you may need parental supervision at some shelters since you are eleven. this may also open your eyes to how difficult a breed huskies are...they are very pretty but they are incredible athletes and not (though i know many who are) pets in a fawning kind of way.


maybe your dad has another reason for not wanting a dog. also remember that though now you have time but seven years down the road you'll have a car ect. Will you have time then?
when i was your age and wanted a dog, but my mom didn't think we could care for it.. we had to show her that we could by doing all the things they asked us on a daily basis to do without being asked.. like cleaning my room, the dishes and laundry, etc.. it took a while but we finally got a dog.. but i do agree that a husky is going to be a lot of work and if your dad doesn't like dogs that dig.. you may want to look at another breed
You should start doing things like mowing the lawn or cleaning your room without being told so that he can see how responsible you are and he'll buy that Siberian husky for your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment